HOOP is committed to providing a high-quality experience for our volunteers, and we continually aim to improve our program in response to volunteer feedback. As well as being a registered charity in Peru, we are supported by our daughter organisations in the UK (registered charity 1165490) and in Austria (473887699), and we are a vetted partner of Omprakash Foundation, a network supporting and promoting ethical volunteering around the world.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to start in August 2016!
Join the HOOP team as a Children’s English Teacher – in Arequipa, Peru – and get the chance to experience a different culture, develop your professional skills, learn a new language and give something back to society.
What does it involve?
- Plan and deliver five English classes per week, each lasting one hour
- Supervise homework help or in the playground for 45 minutes after English class
- Record lesson plans and monitor student progress and update student records
- Participate in weekly volunteer meetings
- Build relationships with the parents
- Update teaching materials and notify the Volunteer Coordinator of any additional resources required
- Take part in the organization and delivery of occasional HOOP fundraising initiatives
- Fluent in English
- Basic to intermediate Spanish skills preferred, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with children
- Experience living or working abroad preferred
Successful candidates will be:
- Organized and reliable, with good time management
- Creative and resourceful to be able to work in a development environment and make best use of HOOP’s limited resources
- Flexible and responsive to the frequently changing needs of the organization and community
- Approachable and personable to build effective relationships with the HOOP team, students and local people
What we offer?
- Teacher training and orientation at the start of your placement
- The opportunity to further your practical teaching experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to contribute to the improvement and development of our other program areas, including health, nutrition, hygiene and business classes
- A reference upon successful completion of the placement
- The chance to live in Peru as part of a team of fun, supportive and like-minded volunteers
- The chance to improve your overall understanding of the international development field
Apply now in this link http://www.hoopperu.org/application-form/